Thursday, July 2, 2009

My wife in court

I got to see my wife in action today for the first time. She was marvellous.

She's a public defender, so she handles quite a few cases at one time. She does such a good job, I don't think she even realizes how good she is.

First, I walk in the courtroom and take my seat with the other spectators. My wife notices me and she then proceeds to tell the other lawyer sitting next to her along with others. I guess she's as proud of me as I am of her.

The case before the court recesses and then my wife goes into action. She talks to the guy in the holding cell that is in the court room. She gets him taken care of with the court. Then she walks over to the gallery, calls a client that speaks only Spanish, starts talking to him in Spanish. Then the judge who wants to continue the previous case, my wife gets him to take care of this case first.

There was a lot going on, but it was fun to watch her. Though she is my wife, it was cool to watch her, and get so much accomplished. And I know if I was impressed, others in the room were impressed too. She doesn't bullshit around.

Then it was time for her to talk to me. She's leaving the court room, she points at me, and says, "Come here", which I do post haste. Hey, what do you want me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment