Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On Convincing Others



Places I've been in my life and how I've tried to influence others. I think it's only natural that we want to influence others, for we're passionate about what we believe.

When I was 19 I became a "born-again" Christian. It was my goal to bring as many people to Jesus Christ as I could. During that time, I probably led over 100 people in prayer to ask Jesus into their life and to be born-again.

Then I got into Amway. I wanted everyone I met to join Amway. I'm not much of a salesman, I even bought an Amway kit to try and get somebody to join my organization.

Now my passion is showing compassion for animals and political conservatism. I hope with all my years, I've gained a little bit of wisdom. Or maybe just enough wisdom to know that maybe I shouldn't push my views on anyone. Perhaps I could be wrong.

And maybe that's all the wisdom I need. Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm wrong. Time will either vindicate or prove me a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment