Sunday, August 29, 2010

On Frugality



My wife will be able to retire at a young age. While she makes a decent income, she knows how to save. It is nice that my wife and I think the same when it comes to money. She does not care to purchase status. She is more happy and comfortable obtaining frugality.

It's a lot easier to save a $1000 than to pay off a $1000 debt. Since we have no debt, live well below our means, savings almost can't help but be done. And with investments, hopefully the money grows.

I enjoy reading personal finance, minimalist, and frugality blogs. There's so much great information on the web.

If you're like me, you like reading stories of how others struggle financially, and end up prospering. As a kid I heard stories of my dad working full time, working at the movie theater at night and then walking around collecting bottles. He retired at 47. While he didn't have a lot of money, he lived a wonderful life. Lots of golf, time with friends, and a through enjoyment of life.

We all know such stories. They're inspiring. On the flip side, I like stories about Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, men who've achieved incredible wealth.

This great country allows this to happen. Thank God, I won the lottery being born in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment