Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why I Like Facebook



I've been a member of Facebook for a number of years. And its just recently that I've been using FB on a daily basis.

At first I did not think I had any use for FB. My wife would post a picture of us eating or sitting at some bar. I thought that was the extent of FB, and that it was a girlie thing.

Now FB has come to mean much more. I don't use FB to connect with my real friends (Let's call them analogue friends), but I've made a bunch of digital friends. My passion is veganism, so through that, I've become friends with many.

Also, there's this thing called "I grew up in (name of your town)" on FB. By doing that I've connected with people I'd completely forgotten about. That part has been the most fun of FB. I just wish my family weren't Luddites, I'd love to connect with all of them.

The other thing I'm doing is my business FB page. And that's what I'm most excited about. It's my goal to build up my business FB page, so that I will do no advertising with traditional media. I've been in business for 25 years, and 99% of my customers lose contact with me. Via FB, I am able to give valuable info, and stay in touch with my customers. Truly a win-win.

Another thing I like about FB is "Liking" famous people, restaurants, you name it. FB is much more than communicating with your analogue friends, you get to visit with your digital friends too. I'd love for some of these digital friends to become my analogue friends eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment