Thursday, March 15, 2012

Early Man




When man began 50,000 to 100,000 years ago, surely we must have had our Einsteins and Edisons even then. Why is it today these men are looked upon as our heroes while in early times they may have been shunned? It's because today we have the capacity to incorporate their ideas into our lives.

That is why I get so frustrated when Luddites refuse to take advantage of the internet. It's another technology to make our lives so much more easier and wonderful. It's no different than using a flush toilet or turning a switch for light.

Today I visited the Apple store in the mall. Busy as it always is. Most likely the busiest store in the mall. Tomorrow is the roll out for the next generation iPad. Don't want to sound like a Luddite myself, but I was not impressed. I used to go in the Apple store and the "Wow" factor was there, but not anymore. As a caveat, my wife uses her iPhone everyday as I use the iPad daily too. No doubt, I'm spoiled. For phones, I'm now liking The Note. Can't wait for Verizon to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment