Monday, August 24, 2009

My Favorite Part of the Trip


My wife asked me coming home what I enjoyed the most of our trip.

Going swimmimg with our dog "Lady" in my cousin's pond.

But now that I think about it, not so. When we first arrived at Brad's house, he showed us around, then asked if we'd like to go out for breakfast or have it at his house. Not to be imposing, but I said, "your house".

We collected blueberries from his garden. Brad made homemade blueberry pancakes, the maple syrup from trees at his neighbors farm. Picking the blueberries, eating pancakes, fellowship at the table highlighted my trip.

Brad's house is a home. The smell, the warmth, the wood. When I'm at Brad's home, I'm in a New England home. His wood oven provides warmth in the winter. His home is surely one of of my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment