Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tread Lightly



What kind of foods should we eat? Or put it another way, which foods are best for the body?

It's my belief the bests foods are those that the earth provides. Especially the greens. Collards, kale, spinach. Vegetables, grains, legumes.

The other day the Orange County Register published an article about "cheap eats" in Orange County for lunch. I believe the target price was to be under $25. I was the first commenter on the article. I wrote how I go to Baja Fresh, order a side of rice and beans, and a side of corn tortillas, and my bill is $2.83. With the salsas, this meal is not only my lunch but also my dinner.

Needless to say, and I knew it would happen, the follow up commenters tore me a new asshole. How it's unhealthy, feel sorry for my wife, and throw in a few other nasty comments. Not one was positive. Sad to say, it's what I expected.

But what are we designed to eat? If we truly ate the foods we're designed to eat, I do believe a lot of the health problems in the US would disappear. I believe the human body is designed to be vibrant, free of aches and pains, ever ready to do what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment