Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No More Dennis Prager

I have few mentors in life.

One of them is Dennis Prager.

Dennis has changed my life for the better. There is no doubt that he has been a positive influence on my life.

When OJ was found not guilty, my solace was Dennis's monologue that day. I couldn't tell you what he said, but I can tell you that it was brilliance personified.

When 9/11 happened--It was through listening to Dennis that I found comfort.

Now Dennis has chosen to charge to listen to his musings. I will not pay. Maybe he is correct in charging, but I think he will now lose quite a bit of his listeners.

I do appliance, heating and AC repair. Going into my customer's homes while they had Dennis on the radio gave me joy. For someone who listens to Dennis, they find him out, and they are usually dedicated listeners. When some of my other customers were listening to other programs at Dennis's time slot, I always asked if they ever heard of Dennis Prager.

Now, I don't do that. For one, my business is slow, and in this world of access to info, I want it quick and I want it free. That's just how it is. If someone who I like would begin to charge a fee, I'll just move on.

But when the next big crisis happens, will I be listening to Dennis? You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment