Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bugsters Revisited



This is Lady Bugs, Bugsters, Bugger Butt, Bugs. The names are endless. You want to see someone with a lot of names. You should here what I'm called when my wife gets mad. Dios Mio.

Well, da Bugs is my best friend. At night, when I lay my head on my pillow, she jumps up on the bed. She goes to the head of the bed. She puts her head against mine.

We went to dinner Sunday at the my wife's parents'. Lady went for the dog food in the doggie bowl. She's ravenous. She could eat the Nathan's hot dog eating champion after he's won the contest. But I told Lady "no". Immediately she stopped. She went for it again, and again I said, "Bugger Butt, you can't eat that food".

Lady listened so well again. She's such a good dog.

So I went about my business, later I glanced at the doggie bowl, the food had disappeared. Curses, foiled by the Bugsters again.

I was sitting with Goober Butt the next day at Mickey D's chomping on a burger. Telling Butts what a goooood girl she is. What a disconnect. In one hand is death, in the other I'm petting my dog. Culture. It's like preening over our little baby, then walking next door and beheading some kid and not giving it any thought. Extreme, I know. Give me a break. I'm just trying to make a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment