Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More on being vegan



Something that I find incongruent about myself.

If you read my blog, you quickly come to realize that I am a conservative. But at the same time, I am a vegan, which might be interpreted as being of the Left.

I would hope that I look at issues, and I just come to my own conclusion on what makes most sense. And if those conclusions land me on the Right, so be it.

In regards to being vegan: Yes I'm vegan, but that doesn't mean I am Left when it comes to that issue. Do I wish everyone was vegan? Yes. It would be my dream that we could treat the animals we eat, as we treat the animals we call pets.

But do I want the government to legislate veganism? No. Do I want any government programs propagandizing veganism? Again, no. It would be my hope that through one's own enlightenment, one changes his mind about how animals are treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment