Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fear Of Public Speaking

I learned a lot from this video on public speaking.

As I've mentioned earlier, I'm a member of Toastmasters (TM). This week I will be giving my 5th speech. I'm actually looking forward to it.

When I first joined, TM has what is called "Table topics". You are asked a question, and in front of the other TMs, you speak impromptu for 1 to 2 minutes. I could not speak for over a minute. And I even tried repeating myself 2 to 3 times;-)

And I said, "TM is like church, you don't want to go, but once you've done it, you're glad you went". Now I look forward to going.

In fact, I'll probably be a TM for life. I'm looking forward to some great friendships. The quality of people is superior and I enjoy their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment