Friday, January 14, 2011

On Watching Commercials

I was at my father in laws house watching the LA Dodgers. After watching so many commercials, I felt kind of dirty and depressed. I hadn't seen so many commercials in one sitting in a long time.

 

At our house we have Tivo. With Tivo as most know, you record the programs you want to watch and then as you're watching the program, you can bypass the commercials. We've been doing this for so long, it has become second nature. Also, we don't get a newspaper, we get our news from the internet. Again, bypassing most commercials or advertisements.

 

In a time where media is clamoring for attention, technology is allowing us to be free of looking. I like that. Except the Super Bowl, that's usually more fun looking at the commercials than watching the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment