Monday, February 12, 2024

3 Big Days of My Life

 


I went to the library on campus (Cerritos College). This is back in the latter '70s. Even though I always loved libraries, that day I made a discovery I had never known before. I understood the power of libraries and how I could use them to access any information I needed. Coming upon the realization, I went outside the library and sat on a bench in front. I sat there in glorious happiness soaking in what I had just learned. 

My second "Aha" moment came in 1995. That's the year Microsoft came out with GUI (graphical user interface) instead of MSDOS. From there, I'd spend so much time getting on the internet via a company called America Online better known as America Offline. But realizing then what I just discovered, again, I just went outside, sat on my porch steps, and thought of the wonders of the internet and my new reality.

My 3rd "Aha" came less than a month ago, Jan 15. I call it my reborn again day. I learned how a diode works. I've studied diodes for ~50 years, but I never truly got it. (The valence shell with the 4 electrons, allowing them to pass in one direction). I kinda knew before, but that day I knew. And since that day, the floodgates have opened up. I've been able to absorb information/knowledge like never before in my life.

What's interesting about these "3 big days" is they all revolve around knowledge. There's so much to know, so much to learn, and it's sitting, waiting. I especially love watching YouTube videos followed by Wikipedia. Here's a trick if you want to learn something quick, but don't want to watch 5-20 minutes of bullshit on YT. In the YouTube search bar, type in #shorts then the subject. That way if there's a topic of interest and a video has been made of that in "shorts", it'll pop up. Great time saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment