Saturday, February 3, 2024

Banana Chips


Most mornings I have oatmeal for breakfast. Sweet Dulce, (my girl in the pic above) would always be there to share my banana. I oftened thought, "what's it going to be like the first time I cut bananas for my oatmeal, and Dulce's not here?". This morning I'll be finding out.

Dulce passed away last night. To say I loved Dulce would not do justice. Only people who have pets can understand the deep love we have for our animals. 

Dulce, from the very beginning, had me wrapped around her little paw. And I was wrapped around her paw until the day she died. Dulce was an independent ol' cus. In her younger years, she really didn't like being petted. I'd go to pet her, and she'd be like "fuck off" and get away from me. It never bothered me, in fact, it would crack me up. It wasn't until the later years, she would let me love on her all I wanted.

I don't know the bond Dulce had with me, but for me, the bond I had with Dulce was like no other. I never had dogs growing up, but I think if I did, I would have been a different person in my youth. Dulce, in her way, humanized me. She brought something out of me I didn't know was there. She was my best friend, I loved her so.

Goodbye, Sweet Dulce, you brought me much happiness in all the years we were together. 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute for the love of your puppy. She was a wonderful pet!

    ReplyDelete