Friday, March 29, 2024

Auto Immune Disease

 

Auto immune disease.

Rheumatoid arthritis, or RA, is an autoimmune and inflammatory disease, which means that your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake, causing inflammation (painful swelling) in the affected parts of the body. RA mainly attacks the joints, usually many joints at once.

The above paragraph was lifted from the CDC.

Now I'm just a layman, not even close to being as smart as doctors or their learned professors. But there are doctors that I follow who go against the protocols of traditional modern medicine.

For instance, years ago I went into a medical office and had my blood pressure taken, which was high. The doctor wanted me to start medication to lower my blood pressure. He told me I'd be on it for life. Thirty years later, I've taken no HBP meds and my BP is normal. What did I do? I eat a Low fat and low-salt diet.

Most doctors don't know the cause of rheumatoid arthritis. It can be inherited. The definition of not knowing the cause of a disease means it's idiopathic.

And from my understanding, the pathological book of diseases used by doctors to define diseases doesn't mention "leaky gut" and "molecular mimicry".  This is my (short) definition of how I define these two terms: Leaky gut is where contents in the intestine moves out of the intestine when it should not. Our immune system then recognizes these foreign bodies and attacks/destroys them. All well and good. But then, through what is called molecular mimicry, our immune system remembers the foreign bodies it attacked, and then goes on to destroy our own thingys inside our bodies. With RA, it's especially devious because it's inside our joints where it's not blood that flows cleansing everything but I'm guessing more like a water type substance in the joints.

So what type of foods would the body want to attack as foreign and then attack our own body? One of the culprits would be foods that have proteins much like our own body. Dairy, (products from the milk of a cow), specifically the protein casein, is what the immune system sees as foreign and attacks it, after these large proteins have escaped the intestine via "leaky gut".

So what might arrest or ease the pain of RA and other auto-immune diseases? Stop ingesting the foods that cause the leaky gut. After seeing a rheumatologist, and different ones for that matter, have any of them mentioned the theory of leaky gut and molecular mimicry? And does the theory appear to make any kind of common sense? Take a half hour or an hour and just type into google "leaky gut/molecular mimicry" and see what some doctors/researches have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment