Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's different about me


Why have a blog?

It will be fun to see what happens with this blog, and I certainly enjoy reading other blogs, but this is my blog.

So why would one want to read this? For one it must be different.

So, what's so different about me, that you would find compelling enough to read?

Here goes:

I believe in fasting. Not just skipping one meal, or eating chicken instead of steak. I actually believe that going without food (and that's all food) for days or even weeks. I have several times fasted anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks. No food, but drinking water only.

The average knee jerk reaction is that I'm off my rocker. But I always wonder when others give that knee jerk response, do they actually give themselves the time to ponder if fasting might be actually beneficial to one's health. I can't help but believe if people are honest with themselves, deep down fasting makes intuitive sense.

Having a million dollars, does that make one rich? Here's one definition I believe defines rich: Being able to take 10 days of one's life, do nothing, fast, and allow nature's surgical knife do it's operation. Such a simple definition of wealth, but how many people could do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment