Sunday, June 6, 2010

Get Rich Slowly


I don't know why I've never posted about this before. This post is about frugality, voluntary simplicity, living below one's means. This blog is a lot of fun for me to read. It's about people's everyday lives and what they do to try and live in harmony/balance. You can easily subscribe to the blog and read his daily entries. Of course the entries won't always be as good as this one, but you'll find that it's worthwhile and enjoyable at the same time.


A few years ago I had about $130 to my name and was struggling to balance a handful of part-time jobs with re-entry into college after 30 years away from higher ed. Going back to school terrified me. But my life was already turned upside down: I’d left a long-term marriage and run through most of my savings to support myself and my disabled adult daughter. Why not throw college into the mix? As terrified as I was, I knew that if I didn’t do it then I’d never do it.

For more

No comments:

Post a Comment