Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm So Disciplined

Some say I'm disciplined because I fast and eat food that rarely consists of any animal products.

While I appreciate the compliment, the truth is, I want to avoid ill health as much as possible.

I don't like pain, and I don't like sickness. Especially long term.

If it's actually true that I can avoid heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, auto immune diseases through diet, exercise, plenty of sunshine and sleep, why not take the responsibility and move in that direction? Especially when the benefits can be measured in such a short time. You could just try it and prove it to yourself.

Unfortunately, we live in a world of serious misinformation. What's up is down, what's right is wrong, and what's good for you is bad for you. It takes courage to go against the status quo, but sometimes the minority can be right.

More people are realizing the importance of a healthful lifestyle. But for the vast majority, no. I stumbled onto a healthful lifestyle quite by accident, by reading Walter Kempner's "The Rice Diet", and realizing health is quantifiable.

One book lead to another, that lead to another, to which I now have a solid foundation on what is good health. And most of the leading health practicioners say the same thing. What it all gets down to for me is to follow a "Natural Hygiene" lifestyle. And that simple movement has been going on for at least a couple of hundred years.

No comments:

Post a Comment