Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Dollar Saved, A Dollar Earned?



In my last post, I wrote about how much I bought with so little money. Also how I saved over $75 by buying a cable with Amazon rather than buying the keyboard.

We also spent $25 on a lunch that for me was just too much to spend for what we got.

Onto the saying "A dollar saved is a dollar earned". It's not true. It takes a lot of earned dollars to save a dollar. In fact, many people are a paycheck away from being homeless. They have lived their whole lives and are in debt with not a dollar saved.

It is sad to say, it may sound like a novel concept but we are the ones who are in control of our finances. How we make our money and how we spend it is our decision alone. We must take responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment