Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Word of Mouth--99 Cent Store



Just got back from shopping at the 99 cent store. Twelve items, twelve dollars. The corn on the cob was five for a dollar and I bought 10. Three bags of candy for Halloween, three dollars. Needless to say, lots of stuff for a great price. Even Walmart is now getting into the produce business, but it's still way more expensive than this store. These same apples would have cost $4 at Walmart.

A guy in front of me at the check-out register purchased 3 huge melons for three dollars. He said they would easily cost $8 at Albertson's. Then he said "I should know, I work there".

Before going to this store my wife and I went to Best Buy to buy an adapter for my keyboard. It's an old school keyboard but it works really great. The adapter cost $36.99. The salesperson then said why not just buy another keyboard and took me over to the boards which were about $75. Instead we went to Amazon via my wife's phone and found the adapter for $2.39. Now I recognize it's not right to go in and take a person's time at the store, but I do believe $36.99 is gouging. Especially when whoever is selling the same adapter is making a profit at $2.39.

No comments:

Post a Comment