Saturday, October 10, 2009

Drinking - Alcohol



Drinking is fun. If you're not a drinker, good for you. But a lot of people drink. I think it's done for reasons of having something to do. We don't have much going on in our lives, and drinking actually gives us purpose.

I recently completed a fast. One of the accomplishments of the fast, my desire for alcohol was removed. I haven't had a touch of alcohol since, and I wish never to drink alcohol for the rest of my life. I have always liked the buzz from drinking. The problem was, once I had that buzz, I kept chasing it. And if you drink, you know you're not going to find it.

Since removing alcohol from my life, more time has become available in my life. And I realize, I don't do much with my life. And I see that with others too. Besides doing what we "have" to do, how much of life is spent re-creating?

I plan on changing that. From hiking, ping pong, basketball. I'm going to start doing things. The bottle is no longer my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment