Monday, October 5, 2009

Secrets to Life



Are there secrets to life? If not secrets, I believe there are things that can make life much more happier and satisfying. One, that has not become my reality, I will say at the end of this post.

Eating according to one's conscience. It is a daily thankfulness that I realize my food choices do not cause harm or pain to animals.

Being healthy. I'm reading a book now called "Improv/Wisdom" by Patricia Madson. A very inspiring book. Two of her sayings that I like are: "Say yes", and the other, "Just show up". Being healthy starts within the mind. It will not happen by accident. Say yes, and just showing up, can easily begin the healthy path to the body image one desires.

Even as a child, I always loved the library. It wasn't until college I realized it's full potential. After that revelation, I remember sitting outside the library, just taking in what I realized. I put a dollar amount on what that may be worth, and I thought $20,000.

When Microsoft went GUI, grapical user interface, in 1995 and I first got on the internet, again it was one of those "Aha" moments. And the value I placed on that new discovery was $1 million. In other words, would I take the million or have what I know and can have via the internet the rest of my life?

Now there is something that I value at a billion dollars. And that is the practice of caloric restriction. I'm not totally dedicated to that discipline, but it's something I believe wholeheartedly. And since I beleive it, it's not going to go away. I have a lifetime to experience it. There is no rush.

It is through practicing CR that I experience a joy that can't be expressed in words. How can that be? Am I full of shit? Possibly. I'm just telling you what it is like for me. And this is a big dream of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment