Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My goal of breaking Par






I did it! It was my goal to shoot par or less at least once in my life. Today, I shot a 70. That's 2 under par.

I've been golfing for 35 years. When I first started golfing, I thought I could never shoot par. My first goal was to break 100. Then I thought, "Oh if I could break 90". Then I felt I was good enough to shoot in the 70s.

I wrote back in June that I thought I would break par. I knew my game was coming into form, and that day became a reality today. I can't tell you how happy I am to have achieved that goal.

What I realize is that other goals that are long term are attainable. Two of those goals (which I've had for a long time) are public speaking and learning Spanish. Now that I've accomplished this goal of breaking par, I realize my other goals can happen.

Long term goals are difficult to attain. Number 1, they take years to accomplish and it's so easy to take one's eye off the prize. Take my learning Spanish as an example. I see little children (whose native tongue is Spanish) speak Spanish that I can only dream. And I kick myself for being such a slow learner.

Slow learner or not, I stick with it. I love the Spanish language and hope one day to be proficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment