Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dr Michael Burry-Investor


This is an article from Vanity Fair about a great investor.

It took me awhile to read the whole article, but afterwards I had to go to Amazon to buy the book: The Big Short. I'm looking forward to a great read.

Michael was studying to be a doctor, and during the rare hours he should be sleeping, he was writing on the internet about investing. He wrote a quasi-blog (showing his investments in real time) which was followed by some other very astute investors. Michael not only saw the bubble with real estate, he discovered how to short it, even when others in his fund were against him. For me, this is a great story, showing a man with a combination of brilliance and courage.



This is a guy who's the real deal. He knows investing and he's brilliant. No doubt about it. What get's me are the guys who took the easy way out and invested with Bernie Madoff. As long as they got their 10% returns, no one, and I mean no one, actually researched it to see how it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment