Monday, April 19, 2010

Beautiful Maryland



The above picture is at Andrews golf course in Maryland. It's my favorite place in the world to play golf. I learned to play there with my dad who taught me.

I loved playing there in the summer time. It gets so hot and muggy while playing, that sweat pours off my face. After the round, we would sit on the patio eating popcorn, enjoying a cold beer.

It was fun to watch the other golfers and to chat about the round. My mom was never a good golfer but she'd play four to five times a week. She loved it.

When I'd go to visit, after golf, we'd go somewhere for dinner and just meander through the Maryland countryside. Along the roads beside the Bay. Seeing the beautiful homes as night is falling. Hearing the birds, the crickets.

Maryland is a place I wish I could put in my bosom. It's a place that makes me so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment