Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big Short



Every once in a while, I'll have an experience that makes me step aside and reevaluate.
Reading this book, The Big Short, has done that to me.

The last time something like this really affected me was around 25 years ago, when I watched "All the president's men", a movie about Nixon and Watergate. After I saw that movie, I was so pumped, I had to go for a run. To see the free press, different levels of government, our constitution in action, was a powerful experience for me.

This book by Michael Lewis is about the housing crisis in the US. And of those who foresaw it happening, and made huge bets in their beliefs. It can be a bit of a tough read, but I think it's well written and well researched. How these guys did what they did, especially a very interesting fellow named Dr Michael Burry is fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment